Become an AASM memberJoin the AASM
Dr Nadia Zainuddin is an academic researcher, whose work is guided by the pursuit of societal betterment. Her research focuses on social and behaviour change, using marketing, specifically social marketing, services marketing, and consumer behaviour, in combination with other disciplinary approaches. This generates behavioural insights and understanding of the lived experience, helping to generate solutions for a variety of social problems through influencing individuals, communities, structures and societies to bring about positive social change. She is a mixed methodologist, drawing from a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
Dr Zainuddin also has a track record for providing significant and extensive service contributions to the research community. Recognising that a strong research environment affords its members opportunities to progress and develop, she has contributed towards a variety of activities and initiatives to help maintain a strong and collegial research environment. Some of her service contributions include:
- Chair of the International Social Marketing Conference 2016, held in Wollongong Australia.
- Academic Co-Chair of the World Social Marketing Conference 2015, held in Sydney Australia.
- Guest Editor of two special issues for the Journal of Social Marketing.
- Editorial Advisory Board Member for the Journal of Services Marketing.
- Hub Lead of the New South Wales hub of the Australian Association of Social Marketing.
She also engages extensively with industry, having worked previously on research collaborations with the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and Queensland Health, BreastScreen Queensland, and sits on the review panel of the Princess Alexandra (PA) Hospital’s PA Research Support Scheme.
In 2017, she commenced a Visiting Researcher position at the University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School.